Green Hues
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 1pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/2; 1/250; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
Conversation
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 10am; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4.5; 1/640; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
Art isn't supposed to make sense.
Friday, January 14, 2011; 3pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/2; 1/1000; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
House of Seed
Saturday, January15, 2011; 10am; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/200; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@40mm
The Moss Man
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 3pm; near Rexburg, Idaho
f/22; 1/250; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@22mm
I picked green because it's such a vibrant color, and if you can find any in the winter, it contrasts nicely with the snow. I adjusted the saturation in each of these images to bring out the green. In the images of the ducks, gas mask, moss man and building, I used a mask to slightly desaturate the surroundings and bring out the color even more.
Look, I know that the model is looking out of the frame on the first image, "Green Hues". I know someone made a rule against that, but, in my opinion, the photograph turned out well anyway.
The last photograph, "The Moss Man" incorporates a deep depth of field- I used an aperture of f/22. Both the Moss Man and the telephone pole are in focus.
"Green Hues" also incorporates a shallow depth of field- I used an aperture of f/2 so that only the model would be in focus.
House of Seed
Saturday, January15, 2011; 10am; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/200; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@40mm
The Moss Man
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 3pm; near Rexburg, Idaho
f/22; 1/250; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@22mm
I picked green because it's such a vibrant color, and if you can find any in the winter, it contrasts nicely with the snow. I adjusted the saturation in each of these images to bring out the green. In the images of the ducks, gas mask, moss man and building, I used a mask to slightly desaturate the surroundings and bring out the color even more.
Look, I know that the model is looking out of the frame on the first image, "Green Hues". I know someone made a rule against that, but, in my opinion, the photograph turned out well anyway.
The last photograph, "The Moss Man" incorporates a deep depth of field- I used an aperture of f/22. Both the Moss Man and the telephone pole are in focus.
"Green Hues" also incorporates a shallow depth of field- I used an aperture of f/2 so that only the model would be in focus.




Your pictures turned out great. It is refreshing to see green in January in Rexburg. You did an awesome job of making the green stand out in your photos. That was a smart idea to change the saturation to make the green really pop. I really like "Green Hues." (even though she's looking off the picture...) :) It gives it a sense of mystery. What's she smiling at? It makes you interested in the photo. Good job.
ReplyDeleteNice job with the green. I wouldn't have known where to start to find good green shots. I love the use of the mask in on picture and swamp man costume in another. As I said about green, good job getting so many unique colors with such an odd color for winter. It's obvious what you were doing in each picture.
ReplyDeleteNice job with the color study green. You obviously have great skill and experience. I like your shot of the ducks even though you used a 100mm lens it would have still been hard to get close enough with out the ducks flying away. You used your f-stop well to show depth of field. I also liked the interesting and different subjects that you were able to shoot.
ReplyDelete