Honda Civic Si on a country road
May 24, 2010; 5pm; near Moody Creek, Idaho
f/9; 1/80; Sony A100; 18-55mm f/3.5@50mm
Amy (sister's senior pictures)
November 3, 2010; 4pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/2; 1/160; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
Iguana
July 22, 2008; 3pm; Valsayn, Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
f/4.9; 1/60; Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
Piers
October 8, 2010; 3pm; Palisades, Wyoming
f/4.5; 1/200; Canon EOS T2i; 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6@ 35mm
Circular Polarizer
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
November 11, 2008; 8pm; Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
f/6.2; 1", Canon SD790; tripod
Nic
October 26, 2010; 11pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/1.8; 1/125; Canon EOS T2i, 20mm f/1.8
(He has a 70-200mm f/4L, if anyone's wondering)
(He has a 70-200mm f/4L, if anyone's wondering)
Self Portrait
September 8, 2010; 6pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/1.8; 1/80; Canon EOS T2i; 50mm f/1.8
Tripod and self-timer
Tripod and self-timer
Alex
January 1, 2011; 8pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/40; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@ 40mm
Prepping for a wedding shoot
November 5, 2010; 5pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/6.3; 1/4000; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
Desert Film Shoot
August 18, 2010; 3pm; near Skull Canyon, Idaho
f/10; 1/30; Canon EOS T2i; 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6@ 55mm
Circular Polarizer
Circular Polarizer
These photos were taken over the course of three years. On my mission, I had a few different point and shoots with manual settings, and when I got home I eventually bought a Canon DSLR, mostly for filmmaking. I've noticed that if you don't know how to use the manual settings or different lenses on a camera, it really doesn't matter if you spent $200 on a point and shoot or $1500 on a DSLR- your pictures will turn out just about the same. I enjoy taking pictures with a variety of subjects and locations. Some of these pictures came from different projects I've had- a commercial shoot, a music video and a film shoot. I lightly adjusted the saturation, color balance and levels on all these photos- with the exception of the car. For that photo, I cut out the car and completely desaturated the background and boosted the luminance on the car to give it more of an advertisement feel. For the picture of the building in Trinidad, I set up the camera on a tripod and left the shutter open to capture the star and the colors of the building and sky.









Wow, I love the Ministry of Foreign Affairs picture! You use of the night sky adds so much warmth to the picture. I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! You used natural lighting in a great way and you obviously have a great knowledge of the manual settings on a camera (the only way to shoot in my opinion) The edit of the Civic Si was sweet too. I really enjoyed how you desaturated the background and really made the car pop out of the picture. The blog looks great. I'm excited to see what else you come up with. (I may let you use try the 60D on a few)
ReplyDeleteYour blending picture with the train and the metal background looks really nice. It was a good choice in the blends; showing the metal like that.
ReplyDeleteMax I love the animal photos. They are detailed and captivating. I especially liked the white duck photo on the white snow. I also like that your blog has a black background instead of the normal white like the rest of us.
ReplyDelete