Monday, January 24, 2011

Edit: Flexible Edits


DJ FM
Wednesday, January 19, 2011; 9pm; Rexburg, Idaho
 f/1.2; 1/500; Canon EOS T2i; 50mm f/1.2L


Scratch
Wednesday, January 19, 2011; 9pm; Rexburg, Idaho
 f/1.2; 1/500; Canon EOS T2i; 50mm f/1.2L

I was making a promo video for this DJ, so I thought I'd get a few photos while I was at it.  On the first image, I added an adjustment layer.  I brought up the contrast and increased the intensity of the dark colors and shadows while lightly adjusting the highlights.  I then masked out the filter over most of his head, but I kept the filter on the left side to give more of a dramatic effect with the lighting.
On the second image, I converted the image for smart filters and then added the smart filter "glowing edges." This gave the image a Tron-esque feel. I then masked out the DJ so that his skin retained a normal look.

2 comments:

  1. I love the shallow depth of field you captured on the banana plant; you did a good job of bringing out the color green. The shallow depth of field is also very nice on the fox; the low lighting gives it a nice overall look. Nice editing on your DJ photo, I like how the scratch table is glowing, that filter really brought life to it. I like that you left the DJs arm normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Max... I love both of your DJ photos, and your animal photos turned out nice too. That 100mm f/2 is so sweet. Great clarity and nice bokeh. Keep up the fantastic work! I am going to keep a close eye on your work. I am impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete