Monday, January 17, 2011

Edit: Blends and Type



Evergreens
Friday, January 14, 2011; 2pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/200; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@17mm

Concrete Texture
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 10am; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/160; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@40mm

I blended these two images together by using an overlay.  I adjusted the levels to give more of a contrast and used a mask to darken the edges of the image.  I lowered the opacity and used a mask on the texture to only show the texture on the trees and the sky.



Trains
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 5pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/2; 1/400; Canon EOS T2i; 100mm f/2
Metal Texture
Saturday, January 15, 2011; 10am; Rexburg, Idaho
f/4; 1/160; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@40mm

For this text effect, I adjusted the levels and the color balance to remove a bluish hue that the snow cast on the trains.  I then feathered the bottom of the texture and changed the opacity to place the text and texture on the image.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I love love love your blending work! You have such an eye of making the abstract even more intriguing.

    ReplyDelete