Monday, February 21, 2011

Night & Light

Graffiti
(Light Painting)
Saturday, February 19, 2011; 11pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/13; 20"; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@17mm
+
f/4; 1/5; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@17mm

Tron?
(Light Painting) 
Saturday, February 19, 2011; 11pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/22; 30"; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@17mm

Zoom
(Camera Motion Painting) 
Sunday, February 20, 2011; 8pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/6.3; 2.5"; Canon EOS T2i; 70-200mm f/4L

Street
(Moving Light Capture) 
Sunday, February 20, 2011; 8pm; Rexburg, Idaho
 f/22; 20"; Canon EOS T2i; 17-40mm f/4L@17mm

The Moon
Tuesday, February 14, 2011; 9pm; Rexburg, Idaho
f/10; 1/400; Canon EOS T2i; 2000mm f/10

To create these images, I used a long shutter speed to capture more light.  Most of the time, it was not pitch black so to get the correct exposure it was necessary to stop up my aperture to about f/13 or f/22 depending on the natural light available.  On "Graffiti," I took two long exposure shots and used an LED light to write on the walls. I then used a flash and took one last picture of me.  I then blended the three images together in photoshop.  "Tron?" was very similar, except that I blended 15 images to create that effect.  For "Zoom," I left the shutter open for about 3 seconds, and while the camera was recording the image I zoomed out from 200mm to 70mm to create that effect.  On "Street" I simply left the shutter open for 20 seconds and captured the taillights of passing cars.

"The Moon" doesn't really fit into any of the categories; I just took the picture at night and I liked it.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your pictures man. I think that your pictures have a lot of planning into them and have a lot of the principles of design. I really like your "Tron" picture. I did not know that you had to take so many shots to get that effect, great job on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to show everyone up with your moon shot, it’s awesome! It has great details, nice lighting and the overall composition is beautiful. Your “Street” one is also very nice, I like that the street lamps look like stars and hints of red throughout the picture make it an interesting shot. The outline of the “Tron?” is also very cool, it looks like it would be in a car ad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots. I like the shot that looks like you are going at light speed. It adds a another dimension to your photo.

    ReplyDelete